Is your artist toolbox filled with everything you need?
Every artist wants to make the best works of art. Have you heard about the important tool of tonal value?
I am talking about shading!
Every realistic artwork has multiple areas of light and dark. As an artist, we are supposed to manage these areas in a good way. We need to create a balance between the darks and the lights. But first things first. Shading helps us distinguishing multiple areas of tonal value.
Three reasons why shading is important for any artist!
- Shading is a foundational tool that helps distinguishing tonal values in both painting and drawing. Doubting about different tonal values would be like driving a car with the steering wheel locked. It would be impossible to go left or right. It would leave us driving in one direction only (whether there is a tree standing in the way or not). Knowing how to shade would give us the capacity of bringing contrast and balance to our drawing and painting! One thing: you need to know where to make it dark or light.
- Shading is used to make sophisticated drawings, but not only that. It does appear shading is also foundational for artists who are painters. Shading helps painters to decide on the value of their color mixes.
- Shading has another function, it is used to figure out quick maps of light and dark, as such, it is an important helper in designing a good composition.
In just 8 weeks this course helps you grow from zero to Academic level shading. Read more ...
How is this course helping you?
- You will have trained yourself to distinguish between tonal values, and will be able to reproduce tonal values.
- You will have access to a great and quick tool to raise the quality of composition of your drawing- and painting work.
- You will understand shading by studying the secrets of three European Old masters like Davinci, Rembrandt, and Dürer.
This is what you will have after taking this shading course
You will feel so confident about shading. You know in detail how to create magnificent drawings that contain the full range of tonal values. This is a great tool that also reflects on your painting work.
You will have studied three timeless masterpieces of Old Masters. You will have empowered yourself with experience and knowledge on their techniques. It will be no secret anymore how to handle multiple pencil hardnesses. And you will enjoy great tips and tricks.
After the course you will know how to use shading in quick and easy ways but also in sophisticated, refined ways, in fact the last exercise of this course will get you this far:
You will have mastered the Old Masters technique of shading at an academic level. And this only in 8 weeks!Your professionalism will have grown to the highest level! In just eight weeks! Scroll to see the curriculum with free previews.
'Good Art is Built on a Good Foundation'
At age 4 Marion held grandpa's watercolour pencils for the first time. They came in a metal tin, with all the colors of the rainbow. This was the first time that Marion was really attracted to color and drawing. The pastel portraits made by her grandfather awakened her artist's heart. This first experience with 'art' at a young age never let go of her. After learning a 'solid profession' as a secretary, she started a longlasting learning curve that brought her artwork further.
She started her artist aspirations with watercolour painting and then switched to acrylic and mixed media. In her early years she mainly worked in a modernist style.
'I have made many inspired works based on my personal faith experiences. From 2013 there was a greater need for realistic works. I started to focus more on realism and the technique that is needed for this.
I developed a love for drawing and started to paint in oil as well, in the tradition of the Old Masters: I made mastercopies, or preliminary studies of them in order to investigate and master the techniques. From this foundation of realism, being able to grasp form, tonality and expressiveness, my mission is to revitalize the Dutch tradition of drawing and painting. It would be so beautiful if this Dutch legacy were to be preserved for future generations.'
Marion is the founder of Dutch Art Academy online school to facilitate realistic art education.
Marion studied at the Gooische Academie in Laren, NL for 5 years and took lessons in watercolour, acrylic, and oil. She did several portrait and model courses, among others with Humphrey Bennett, Svetlana Tartakovska and Anatomy/écorché with Per Olof Penrick (former Florence Academy of Art anatomy teacher). And portrait, landscape and still life at the Russian art academy in Florence. In addition, she is constantly engaged in self-study.
Marion has been teaching drawing and painting in the Netherlands, Switzerland and Germany since 2006.
Frequently Asked Questions
Improve your Shading skills to an academic level within only 8 weeks!
This is what you get in this course:
- 11 Excellent videos, that show and explain how to work.
- 11 Excellent exercises (some of them downloadable)
- 3 Powerful studies of Old Masters: Dürer, DaVinci and Rembrandt
- 12 Detailed classes packed with written explanation and clarifying pictures
- From modern Easy shading to Academic level shading
- Work from the comfort of your own home – Covid-19 Proof!
- Selfstudy course. Need personal coaching and feedback? Available HERE
- Materials list provided
- Immediate start of classes
- 30 days money back guarantee
Don't wait any longer, empower yourself with shading skills, enrole now!